Thursday, January 2, 2014

A Letter from Paul

1/1/2014

 
Oh, John

Men can do anything and in a small way
it does happen again today that men
become animals or unfeelingly regard the brutal behaviour
(vide Croatia, Serbia, and Kosovo). But this
rather “massproduction style attempt” of pursuit
and annihilation of a complete group of men will never happen
again in Europe and in the non-islamic countries.
Here the young men have changed, and we all
who know through our parents and friends
what really happened, must pass it on daily,
that is our duty. I myself learnt from my father only on the eve
of his death what he had to suffer in 1933 in the torturecellars 
of the SA (Berlin Columbiahaus), in 1934 in the concentration
Camp Sachsenhausen and later in Wokurka (1944-
1949), this was Stalin’s camp in Siberia). He
should have talked earlier, it would have given me a different
view of the world. Not knowing that on
the following day he will die I promised him never
again fascism, never again war, never again cruelty
and for that do everything that I can.
Paul



No comments:

Post a Comment